The Center for Applied Research and Innovation in Supply Chain – Africa (CARISCA) Supply Chain Research Summit 2022 program committee is pleased to announce a call for papers for the best PhD dissertation proposal. CARISCA will recognize a winner and two runner-ups with a certificate and a cash prize at the 2022 summit, How Africa Matters to the Global Supply Chain, June 28-30, 2022. The dissertation committee will also provide feedback on submissions upon request
We invite submissions from doctoral researchers whose primary affiliation is from universities or higher institutions of learning in Africa and whose research is in logistics and supply chain management. Applicants must be PhD researchers who have at least defended their proposals by the time of the conference. Proposals are also invited from candidates close to the final submission or defense of their thesis.
Proposals are welcome from all African countries, including Francophone and Anglophone countries, but the proposals should be submitted in English.
Please contact the Dissertation Award Committee Chair, Prof. Godfrey Mugurusi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions must be made online as a single PDF file.
- Submissions should be between 5-10 pages long (12 point font, single-spaced).
- Submissions must include the candidate’s curriculum vitae (maximum of 2 pages of the 5-10 page limit).
- Proposals should cover the overall motivation of the study, literature area, the research questions, potential contributions, methodology, results (if available), potential managerial and policy implications for Africa.
- Candidates may also include related additional materials to accompany their submissions (e.g., conference papers, published papers, working papers, etc.).
Submissions are due by Monday, April 4, 2022, 11:45 pm GMT.